"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
Thomas Edison, inventor

Friday, October 12, 2007

Pasta Salad Recipe

This is one of my favorite things to make. It is easy and nutritious. I looked at about five or six recipes and combined them into something I'd like because I am picky. I think it's a great combination though.

Ingredients:

1 medium tomato, diced
1 large cucumber, sliced and cut into fourths
3/4 cup green peppers, diced
2 tbsp. chopped onion - most of them call for 1/2 cup or more, but that is too much for me.
3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 1/4 cup Wishbone Italian dressing
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional) I leave it out and let everyone put their own on.
1 lb. penne or rigatoni pasta

Cook pasta as directed. Rinse with cold water. Add dressing, vegetables, and seasoning. Toss. Refrigerate before serving.

Easy and healthy! If you try it out, let me know how it goes :) .